Friday, August 1, 2008

The birth of the Mini Session

Last year during the holiday season, I had some clients ask if I do Mini Sessions. You know, those short 20 minute session where your whole goal is to get a couple shots for Christmas cards or gifts. Well, at the time, I didn't, simply because it didn't seem feasible for an 'on-location' photographer to do something like this.

Over the last year I gave it some more thought, and then found the perfect spot. See the trick is to find a location that will work both in the morning and in the evening as well as be centrally located and easy to find. I wanted to think of something a little different as well. EVERYONE does the Arboretum, and I didn't want to do that again. Well, a couple weeks ago in the shower (where I do my best thinking) it hit me!
We have some gorgeous old homes and bed and breakfasts around town with beautiful grounds. So I drove by a couple of my favorites, and lo and behold, the grounds of The Hardeman House were lovely and shaded both in the morning and in the evening. Perfect! Then, I contacted the owners , Craig and Michelle Smith, and well, Michelle answered the phone and was so great to talk to. She graciously agreed to allow me to use their grounds and porch for portrait sessions at any time. Wow! It's so fun to see how things fall into place so perfectly. So THIS year... I AM holding Holiday Mini Sessions. See details below or if you can't read teeny tiny type, click on the following link...


www.thornton-photography.com/MiniSessions/minisessions.pdf







No comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP